KJ Somaiya Medical Hospital and Research Centre were established in the year 1991 by Karamshi Jethabhai Somaiya. The College is popularly known as KJSMC Mumbai. KJ Somaiya Medical College is recognised by the NMC and is affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
In the article, we will share all the essential details about KJ Somaiyya Medical College & ResearchMumbai like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
KJ Somaiya Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Mumbai
The K.J. Somaiya Medical College is a Private Medical College-owned and managed by the Somaiya Medical Trust and is situated in the Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex in the heart of Mumbai.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the College details of KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre Mumbai.
Get Latest Updated on the Admission Notice, Fee, Cutoff, & Seat, of this Dental College!
|Name of Institute||KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre Mumbai|
|Popular Name||KJSMC Mumbai|
|Year of Establishment||1995|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Maharashtra|
|NEET Study 2022 Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated to: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status:Private
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|24/7 Security Services||Computer labs|
|Library||In House Cafeteria|
|Hostel (Boys & Girls)||Gym|
KJSMC Mumbaioffers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
KJSMC Mumbai provides quality education and offers the following UG courses.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Below have mentioned UG course intake capacity of KJ Somaiya Medical College.
KJSMC Mumbai provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
|MD (Paediatrics)||3 Years|
|MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)||3 Years|
|PG Diploma||1 Year|
Below have mentioned PG course intake capacity of KJ Somaiya Medical College.
|MD – General Medicine||2|
|MD – Paediatrics||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about KJSMC Mumbai MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from KJ Somaiya Medical College are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessarily mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of KJSMC Mumbai, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at KJSMC Mumbai is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Courses:NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET-UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Maharastra NEET UG Counselling|
For PG Courses:Maharashtra NEET PG Counselling
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Medical Colleges Fees Structure||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Maharashtra||Click Here|
Here, we have mentioned the fee structure ofKJSMC Mumbai, and students must go through this information before filling out the application form.
Below we have mentioned the Fees Structure of the UG Course at KJ Somaiya Medical College.
|Course||Fee ( Annual)|
Below we have mentioned the Fees Structure of the PG Course at KJ Somaiya Medical College.
|Course||Fee ( Annual)|
Note: Mentioned Fee Subjected to be Change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra’s official portal, to get themselves registered for Maharashtra State MBBS & BDS Counselling 2022. But, first, let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2022. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Registration Process:Applicants have to register online for the counselling process and fill in all the required details in the form carefully.
- Provisional Merit List:After the successful completion of the registration process, a merit list will be prepared.
- Document Verification Process:Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; you have to choose any one centre for document verification at the time of registration.
- Choice Filling Process:Applicants can fill in their choices/preferences through online mode.
- Seat Allotment:Applicants will be selected based on merit, preferences filled by them and availability of seats.
- Reporting Process:As per the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted college and carry their original documents and their photocopies to the allotted college on the prescribed date and time.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college:Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar toround 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar toround 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in thesecond round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
NOTE: Click here to check the Maharashtra NEET-UG 2022 Counselling latest updates.
For aspirants applying toPG courses offered by KJSMC Mumbai,the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
NOTE: Click here to check the Maharashtra NEET-PG 2022 Counselling latest updates.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rdPart II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Maharashtra Medical Counselling Committee (MMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This Section will provide you with the KJSMC Mumbai Ranking and Reputation.
|Name of Institute||KJSMC Mumbai|
KJ Somaiya Medical Hospital and Research Mumbai
Location: Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex, Eastern Express Highway,
Sion (East), Mumbai- 400 022.
Email: College: email@example.com
Official Website: https://kjsmc.somaiya.edu/KJSMC/
Maharashtra NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in KJSMC Mumbai?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in KJSMC Mumbai is 100.
Q. What are the courses offered in this college?
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and PG Diploma Courses.
Q. Does KJSMC Mumbai have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this college does provide hostel facilities for both males and females.
Q. Do KJSMC Mumbai provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of KJSMC Mumbai?
Ans. KJSMC Mumbai is located at Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex, Eastern Express Highway, Sion(East), Mumbai- 400 022.
5/5 - (24 votes)
|College Name||Admission Criteria|
|K.J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce||The eligibility criteria is to complete 10+2 from a recognized university Fees: 71,755|
|K.J Somaiya College of Science & Commerce||have a minimum of 45% marks in commerce stream from a recognized university. Fees: INR 70,845|
For Diplomate of National Board Quota Seats (DNBQ) NEET PG Score Cut off.
|Course||Cut off Score||Cut off Rank|
|DNB PSYCHIATRY||556||See App|
|DNB GENERAL MEDICINE||578||Install App|
|DNB GENERAL SURGERY||545||Know More|
|DNB ANAESTHESIOLOGY||496||Show Me|
Candidates aspiring for KJ Somaiya College of Engineering UG admissions must have passed the class 12th examination in PCM with 45% marks. Furthermore, eligible students need to sit and obtain valid scores in MHT CET/JEE Main/PERA CET.Is KJ Somaiya worth the fees? ›
Yes, doing an MBA from KJ Somaiya is worth the time and money invested. It offers good learning resources and has a decent placement record as well. KJ Somaiya placement 2022 highlights show an average CTC of INR 10.95 LPA. While the highest CTC offered was INR 26 LPA.Is hostel compulsory in KJ Somaiya? ›
Yes it is compulsory.